Hustler Turf Equipment in Athens, Tennessee - Piece of junk

2.2
Turnaround Time

October 2017 we purchased a Hustler Raptor zero turn mower. We still had a section of yard to mow, after a few passes it chewed up the belt.

That was repaired under warrenty, finished the yard an put it up for the season. June 8 2018 is when the nightmare began. ALL summer the piece of trash was in and out (mostly in) of various shops, one shop even replaced the deck, 1 spindle, and the belt (again). FINALLY after all this Hustler granted a full refund and we were able to purchase a REAL mower--Husquvarna in September.

Mind you that the grass continued to grow over the summer and was as tall as the mower.

EVERYBODY said after every "repair" that this mower (Hustler) wasn't made to mow such long grass. Attached you will see what the grass was like when we bought the Husquvarna and how well it cut the "hey field" that our yard turned into over the summer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hustler Turf Equipment Sd 52 Lawn Mower.

Hustler Turf Equipment in Decatur, Texas - Paint

1.4

I have 2017 x-one paint started to come off deck and mower.Hustler said its up to dealer[take pics and repair] dealers says Hustler will only give new deck and one can of touch up paint and one hour to fix. Got new deck but they refuse to paint rest of mower right even though you can see paint pealing off the edges? I was at dealer when unit was brought in from outside[temp 33] paint was in cup holder , ten minutes latter touch up was being sprayed on , cold no cleaning on cold metal.I left what steps can I now take to get this fixed right?

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Mower works ok.

Hustler Turf Equipment - Quality control

2.4
Turnaround Time

The nut holding the return starter spring was apparently barely threaded.

it came loose and the fly wheel mangled the spring and sent the nut to

somewhere in the field.

It took six days to get another starter. I replaced it but the machine would

not start. I jumped the starter . It ran, it mowed but will not start from the

switch like it should. Bypassing all the safety switches is not a good way

to operate the mower. I looked at twenty or thirty different sites trying to

find the wiring diagram so I would know exactly what is not working properly.

I was referred to a site called 'Just Answer" after wasting a few minutes being asked If I had gasoline in the tank, and did I have the safety brakes extended and other simple , " dunderhead" questions the tech wanted

five bucks to send me the diagram.

If I attempt to fix my mower, I am fifty miles from the nearest dealer,

and screw it up it is my responsibility. I think it is your responsibility as the manufacturer to provide accurate and detailed information for your products. It is like pulling chicken teeth to find what I need.

Why not have a simple web page that contains the info.

Some body made the wiring harness. I know the info is out there somewhere. It is a Kohler motor. I wanted to buy American. Your people are obviously smart. Make it easy to help those of us who buy your products . Things break, things wear out, we all understand that. It simply does not have to be such a problem to fix any thing wrong. If we get in over our heads, we then will be forced to see a dealer and pay his $60.00 an hour service charge. You have a pretty good machine why let a simple problem adversely effect your reputation.?

I liked: It works well in heavy grass and a seven acre lawn.

Hustler Turf Equipment - Hustler 52 inch raptor

1.3
Turnaround Time

Purchased a hustler raptor in April of 2018. I am at 18 hrs on the hour counter and am experiencing over heating of hydrostats and have sent it out for repair through Lowe's once.

Which they made me pay for. It is still overheating and won't turn if used for an hour straight. Seems to be a design failure with them putting the exhaust so close to the hydrostats.

Terrible experience with this mower. Thought it was a good brand but it has broken 3 times now in under 20 hours of use.

Hustler Turf Equipment in Montgomery Village, Maryland - Hustler SD Raptor zero Turn Mower/ Factory default Not Getting Fixed

2.6

Update by user Jul 10, 2017

Well the saga continues, I have had the right side fender replaced 3 times and now it's broke again. The paint is peeling off the deck all over and the place where you put your feet!

Horrible service. They need to step up and buy my mower back!

there has to be other owners out there with the same problems? can you say; Class Action?

Original review posted by user Oct 14, 2016

I purchased a brand new Raptor SD. 52" well for awhile things went quite well, i had several people recommend them before I purchased mine.

Now The right side what they call a fender cracked at the back. I had it replaced at the dealer, less than a month later the left side has cracked and now broke and the right side again broke at the same place. Now I can't be the only owner this has happened to. I contacted the manufacturer of Hustler and they were all apologetic and said they would contact my dealer and get this all handled.

I have received no contact from them since 9/30/16 Excel Industries. If you plan on buying one, for god-sake don't use it past 60 hours!

Product or Service Mentioned: Hustler Turf Equipment Sd 52 Lawn Mower.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Wider cut.

I didn't like: Faulty parts.